"The Rat King Scattered" novella forthcoming from Ploughshares as a part of their Solos series, 2020.
"Good Luck Ward" forthcoming from Humber Literary Review, June 2019.
"The Elm Bark Beetles of Morrow Lane" forthcoming from Platypus Press’s Shorts series, Spring 2019.
"Pathetic Fallacy" forthcoming on Hobart.
"Coven Covets Boy" in Issue 43 of The Puritan, February 2019.
"My Merlin" in wildness's August 2018 issue.
"Notes for My Biography of Wade Owens" in PRISM international's 55.4 Summer 2017 issue.
"Dumb House" in Humber Literary Review's Mental Health Issue (Issue #6, Fall + Winter 2016/17).
"Dancing On My Own" in Matrix Magazine's Mad Pride Issue, edited by Roxanna Bennett (November 2016).
"Queen Sized Bed" in I still have yr jorts: a zine about things that we lose and leave behind, by Hanna Bee (September 2016).
"Eggs" in the Los Angeles Review of Books's Summer 2015 Issue.
"Keep Your Pants On" in The Shadow Over Portage & Main, an anthology of weird fiction by Winnipeg Writers (Enfield & Wizenty, April 2016).
Two short stories in rip/torn's DIY Issue (#4).
- The Machete Tourist, knife | fork | book, March 2018.
- "Farm Boy" and "Salutations From the Storm," forthcoming in The Fiddlehead. 2019.
- "Cold Dying Black Wet Cold Early Thing," forthcoming in The Malahat Review's Summer 2019 Issue (#207).
- "Hale-Bopp," in The Malahat Review's Winter 2018 (Queer Perspectives) Issue (#205). Check out an interview with me about the poem [here].
- "C?O?M?M?U?N?I?T?Y," in Issue 40 of The Puritan, March 2018.
- "Clearing Snow," on TSR: Online, December 2017.
- "Split/" in A Portrait in Blues, an anthology of identity, of gender, of bodies from Platypus Press, November 2017.
- Two poems in Nat. Brut, Issue Nine, 2017.
- "Limp Wrists,"on Plenitude Magazine, 2016.
- "Upon Realizing That I Am A Beckett Character," featured on Matrix Magazine by Roxanna Bennett, 2015.
- Two poems in The Southampton Review's Spring 2015 Issue.
- Three poems on Lemon Hound as a part of their New Winnipeg Poet Folio.
- "Opened Ground: An Elegy for Heaney" in Contemporary Verse 2's Winter 2015 Issue.
- "The Stray" in the Geez Magazine's Winter 2014 Issue.
AWARDS & HONORS
“Coven Covets Boy" shortlisted for the Thomas Morton Memorial Prize in Literary Excellence in Fiction (2018).
Artist in Residence at The Watermill Center, November-December 2018.
“My Merlin” chosen by Platypus Press’ wildness as their nominee for Best American Short Stories (2018).
Finalist for Joyland's Open Border Fiction Prize (2018).
"Notes for My Biography of Wade Owens" chosen by PRISM international as their nominee for the 2018 Writers' Trust Journey Prize.
Recipient of a Research and Create Grant from the Canada Council for the Arts (2017).
Finalist for Black Warrior Review's Fiction Contest (2017).
Shortlisted for Matrix Magazine's Lit POP Award for fiction (2016).
Finalist for Yemassee Magazine's William Richey Short Fiction Contest (2015).
Finalist for TSR: The Southampton Review's Comic Fiction Prize (2014).
Awarded The Hirsch Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing (2013).
Winner of the 2019 Long Poem Prize from The Malahat Review for my poem "Cold Dying Black Wet Cold Early Thing," (2019).
Quarter-finalist for Nimrod Journal’s The Pablo Neruda Prize for Poetry. (2018).
Finalist for Epiphany Magazine's Chapbook Contest in Poetry (2015).
Awarded Jody Donahue Poetry Prize (2015).
Awarded Anne Szumigalski Scholarship (2014).
Awarded Dallas Taylor Memorial Prize for Excellence in Creative Writing (2011).
INTERVIEWS & BOOK REVIEWS
"Readers will feel somewhat torn": An Interview With Martha Baillie, in The Puritan, 2017.
"Spots of Time: John Stintzi in Conversation with J. Mark Smith" an interview with J. Mark Smith for The Malahat Review, 2017.
"Poesy, Academese, Ye Olde Literature" an interview with George Elliott Clarke for The Malahat Review, 2016.
"The Magic of Ekphrasis" an interview with John Reibetanz about his Founders Award winning poem for The Malahat Review, 2015.
Review of Daniel Karasik's Faithful and Other Stories in The Malahat Review's Summer 2018 Issue (#203).
Review of Kerry-Lee Powell's Inheritance and Claire Caldwell's Invasive Species in The Malahat Review's Summer 2015 Issue (#191).
Review of Alison Calder's In the Tiger Park in Contemporary Verse 2's Winter 2015 Issue.
Review of Heather Birrell's Mad Hope for The Winnipeg Review.
Review of Sjon's From the Mouth of the Whale for The Winnipeg Review.
EDUCATION, MENTORSHIP & WORKSHOPS
MFA in Creative Writing: Fiction (Thesis committee: Susan Scarf Merrell, Meg Wolitzer, Sara Majka), Stony Brook Southampton, 2014-2017.
Sage Hill Writing Experience, Emerging Writer Workshop with Merilyn Simonds and Wayne Grady, July 2014.
Sheldon Oberman Mentorship Program under Jennifer Still, Manitoba Writers Guild, Jan 2014-June 2014.
Bachelors in English (Honours), University of Manitoba, 2009-2014.